Baskery is a trio of women, all hailing from Sweden and each with their own unique musical talent.
Their debut full length 'Fall Among Thieves' was released last year in Europe and hit the UK's shores in January of this year to much acclaim.
The collective are now touring to promote the record and happen to be stopping by SxSW this year in Texas so we thought we'd catch up with the three lovely ladies to see how they felt about their upcoming performance.
1) How many times have you been to SxSW?
It's our first time here.
2) What's the best thing about being in Austin? or if you've not been before.... What are your tourism related plans?
Austin is great! We've spent a couple of weeks here and have already found our favourite spots. Feels more like a huge village than a city, which we surely appreciate. Can't complain about the weather, either...
3) Why are you playing SxSW? (Cos we hear the money isn't too good)
It's supposed to be good exposure. We've never done anything like this before. Other bands warmly recommended SxSW, so we just had to try.
4) Who are you showcasing for, and where and when can we expect to see you?
March 19 is our official showcase.
5) Which other bands/artists are you most looking forward to seeing over music week?
Avett Brothers? We like to get surprised and therefore we haven't made any plans. You recommend anything in particular?
6) Will you visit the Film or Interactive sections of SxSW this year? Or is time tight?
Probably not, but you'll never know where you end up... Will try to avoid Red River and Sixth Street though, we don't like big crowds unless they're infront of our stage.
7) What does the rest of 2009 hold for you?
Lots of touring in Europe, Canada and the US and we'll begin the recording of the new album, probably in Sweden.
VIDEO: Baskery - 'One Horse Down'
March 17 - Artz Ribs, Austin // 21:10
March 18 - Maria’s Taco Xpress, Austin // 20:00
March 19 - SxSW Official Showcase // Mother Egans, Austin // 00:00 (Midnight)
March 21 - Folk Alliance International Presents // Threadgill’s South Store, Austin // 16:40