Ed Harcourt is a Sussex born singer-songwriter and has been releasing his material for just over nine years now.
His last album The Beautiful Lie was released back in 2006 and he's set to feature at this years SxSW Festival so we were dying to catch up with the man and talk with him about both his appearance at the Festival and what's up and coming for Ed Harcourt in 2009. Here's what he had to say.
1) How many times have you been to SxSW?
I've been five times not including this year ( 2006 was with Steve Gullick's band, Tenebrous Liar )
2) What's the best thing about being in Austin? or if you've not been before.... What are your tourism related plans?
I've met a lot of amazing characters; one we call buffalo bill who drives a hearse - he became our temporary roadie last year, a legend! Also obviously Allens the cowboy boot store and mainly the bars around town. oh and chicken shit bingo if you're around on the Sunday.
3) Why are you playing SxSW? (Cos we hear the money isn't too good)
Need new cowboy boots! I've also got a mini-album called Russian Roulette to debut - Jeff Klein's band Jerusalem are gonna help me out and I'm hoping to pull a few guests up on stage.
4) Who are you showcasing for, and where and when can we expect to see you?
I'm showcasing for Dovecote at the Elysium around 11pm
5) Which other bands/artists are you most looking forward to seeing over music week?
The Tiny, Elvis perkins, Jimmy Webb & the Webb Brothers, DEVO, Au revoir simone, PJ Harvey & john Parish, buck 65 and dozens more i can't remember
6) Will you visit the Film or Interactive sections of SxSW this year? Or is time tight?
Time is as tight as my fist my friend
7) What does the rest of 2009 hold for you?
I'm recording a new record in June in LA hopefully, doing some co-writing/producing , hanging out with my new baby daughter and my wife and trying to avoid the taxman who has my balls in a vice.
19th March 2009 SxSW Dovecote Showcase // Elysium, Austin // 23:00PM