1) How many times have you been to SxSW?
2) What's the best thing about being in Austin? Or if you've not been before.... What are your tourism related plans?
Waterloo Records was pretty good. I got a nice Cramps t-shirt and some CDs I'd been after for a while. Probably go and watch the bats fly out from under that bridge.
3) Why are you playing SxSW? ('Cos we hear the money isn't too good)
Just got some offers from nice labels and stuff and I've got to be in the states for a tour anyway.
4) Who are you showcasing for, and where and when can we expect to see you?
I think I'm playing pretty much every day. Pitchfork, Stereogum, Anticon and IODA showcases.
5) Which other bands/artists are you most looking forward to seeing over music week?
It would be cool to see some crazy experimental shit. Noise stuff. Not sure if there will be any. Fingers crossed.
6) Will you visit the Film or Interactive sections of SxSW this year? Or is time tight?
I didn't even know about that, glad you told me. Guess with hectic touring and stuff I haven't really been researching what is going on. I just kind of, turn up.
7) What does the rest of 2011 hold for you?
Lots of touring until about September. Hopefully I can get a couple of new EPs out and finish another album.